Healthy Chef Delivery™ offers delicious locally prepared meals and kitchen items for home delivery within the Calgary city limits. Please read the following information thoroughly. It should answer all of your questions! If you have other questions, or require clarifications, please email us at by clicking here or call us at 403-265-CHEF (2433).
1. Product Options
Healthy Chef Delivery™ is your guarantee in Calgary that you are eating healthy meals. That’s our brand promise to you. From our Country or City Kitchen, we offer a delicious variety of prepared food and meals using organic, natural, anti-biotic free and locally grown ingredients whenever possible. Our goal is to help you to keep your family healthy and offer you convenience and ease.
Economic Weekly Meal Plan - Click on Weekly Meal Plan and choose 3, 5 or 7 days of Lunch and Dinner prepared and ready to eat. We work with a team of dieticians, nutritionists and food scientists to ensure that our meals are nutritionally balanced, portion controlled and offer you healthy and delicious choices. All meal plans offer mains, sides and soup for you to fuel your week! You can select from:
• Meat, poultry and fish mains
• Vegetarian options
• Gluten Free
• Dairy Free
Slim Fit Weekly Meal Plan - Our SlimFit Weekly Meal Plan (and Simply For Life Meal Plan) allows you to choose 3, 5 or 7 days of Lunch and Dinner prepared and ready to eat. If you are looking for lunch only or dinner only, select the Pick 5 Lunch or Pick 5 Dinner option to quickly select your favourites in one bundled price. We work with a team of dieticians and nutritionists to bring your a portion controlled, nutritionally sound, and calorie wise meal plan to enable effective weight management. The lunch items are designed to give you protein and complex carbohydrates to fuel your day, and dinner is focused on protein and vegetables. You can select from:
• Meat, poultry and fish mains
• Vegetarian options
• Gluten Free
• Dairy Free
Family Packs, Family Bundles and A La Carte Selections of our most popular entrees, salads, soups, and sides. You can order an economy package for 2 - 4 servings, including a soup, or individual a la carte choices. We also have all of our single individual packages available a la carte for your convenience. YOU can build your own meal plans!
Our local grocery section is designed to bring you some additional items for your enjoyment in the kitchen! Choose from a selection of coffee, tea, matcha latte and tea, energy drinks, water bottles, coffee and tea accessories.
2. Ordering Process
Please place your website order by Thursday midnight of every week. We deliver on Monday and Tuesday, and the website will enable you to select any your day and time for delivery. If you require an alternative day, please drop us a line or request this upon order. If you miss the deadline and are ordering on a Friday or for the following week, please drop us a line to request an earlier delivery. We are always happy to accept late orders. Drop a note in the Comments Section and we will get back to you to confirm.
3. Ordering Deadline
Healthy Chef Delivery is a convenient and economical way to shop for convenience grocery and prepared food needs without leaving your home. We deliver your food right to your door, with a Healthy Chef Guarantee of quality and freshness. Our drivers are also happy to unpack your order and take away the bin. If you require assistance in lifting or opening your bin, we are happy to help.
There is a $6.95 delivery charge regardless of size, and delivery to local communities such as Okotoks, Chestermere, Cochrane or Airdrie. Please call us if you have a special delivery day, time or requirement. It is our pleasure to serve you. you can use our promotional coupon THANKS for $10 off on your first order.
5. Bin and packaging
Your meals are hand packaged at our city kitchen with care in a reusable bin with freezer packs. We pack the bin to ensure that your product remains fresh for up to 5 hours from packing, while in transition to your home. For best results, please ensure that you unpack your bin immediately and place your food into your fridge or freezer.
Please re-use and leave the bin and freezer packs on your front porch on your next delivery date for re-cycling purposes and to ensure no additional cost for packaging. We also pick up bins on a weekly schedule, and let us know if you'd like your bin picked up.
We recommend that fresh salads, side vegetables, and entrees are eaten within the first 2 days. Please freeze items that you wish to enjoy later, and keep frozen items frozen until you are ready to defrost and eat.
6. Delivery Information
We will leave the product in any location that you request. For example, “on the front porch” or “in the cooler on the back deck”. Please select a cool and shady place.
•When we have no specific instructions we will leave the food in the most protected area, likely your front porch.
• Once the food is left on your property, it is no longer under our care, and is your responsibility, so please be aware of providing properly for your food
• For those in apartments and condos, please ensure that we have the correct buzzer and passcode information.
7. Recommendations for Best Results
We are confident of your food enjoyment! Please follow these instructions to ensure the best results:
• Ensure someone is home or available to accept delivery. Your food is packaged to remain cold for a few hours.
• Place the food in your refrigerator immediately. Food should not be left out or on the countertops once unpacked.
• We deliver fresh and frozen food for optimum taste and value. You may choose to freeze some items, at your discretion. Fresh fruit, vegetable or tofu dishes are not recommended for freezing.
• For best results with frozen entrees, defrost in the fridge for one day prior to cooking.
• We use little or no salt in most of our dishes for health reasons. Add sea salt or other seasonings or sauces at your discretion to customize your dish to your taste!
• Our side dishes are made to compliment your entrees, so try some different combinations for a unique taste treat!
• Reheat your food in the oven at a medium heat of 375, PLEASE REMOVE THE LIDS BEFORE REHEATING.
• Some items can be reheated in a stove top pan. This would include soups, chilis, stews etc.
• For extra moisture, or if reheating from frozen, try placing the containers on a grill in a shallow pan with about half inch of water covering the bottom and covering the pan with foil. The extra moisture helps to cook the food more evenly, keeping and even enhancing the flavour of your meal! Stove top steamers are also a good choice for a single item.
• Please feel free to call us at 403-265-2433 to discuss your best re-heating options!
8. Our Guarantee
All food is prepared fresh for you in a certified licensed, sanitary commercial kitchen. Your meals are prepared fresh and delivered to your home in airtight and sealed Rubbermaid containers. Meals must be refrigerated right away at 33 – 36 degrees, and. frozen items put into the freezer.
9. Important Things to Remember
Please check your order carefully before you finalize to ensure that you have given us the correct address and telephone number.
• Carefully check all of the information on your emailed invoice confirmation and contact us if there is an error.
• Please secure your pets, to ensure that the driver will not be prevented delivery by a pet issue.
• If you live in a gated community or in an apartment or condo, please give us your gate or access codes, or permission to leave with the concierge or attendant if available.
• Healthy Chef Delivery assumes no liability for acts of nature, and we will contact you at our earliest convenience should such a situation occur.
10. Order Changes or Cancellations
If, after the order deadline, you are unable to accept delivery, please identify an alternative location for delivery. Alternatively, by a 9 am notice on your delivery day, we are happy to take to the food bank or to a needy family. All changes must be emailed in writing. We do not process order cancellations. Once an order has been placed, your food is in preparation, and cannot be re-stocked.
11. Terms and Conditions
Please review the Terms and Conditions link for a full review.